Top 10 things you should know before opting for MBBS abroad
Minimal number of medical seats and the expensive medical education in India has been the major blocks for Indian medical aspirants to pursue MBBS. This scenario has opened up the gateway of abroad medical education where a lot of Indian wannabe doctors find their dream come true.
There are a number of countries that offer high quality medical education at low cost. Some of these options include MBBS in Bangladesh, MBBS in Caribbean countries, MBBS in Poland, MBBS in Philippines, MBBS in Russia, MBBS in China, MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS in Malaysia etc.
Moreover, the medical universities in these countries follow the international curriculum and the universities are approved by major organizations such as MCI and WHO.
Before opting for abroad MBBS there are 10 major things that you should know.
- Possess an insight on the paperwork that are to be completed and to be kept in order because this will aid in avoiding last minute rejection of applications
- The criteria or the entrance tests you need for studying MBBS abroad
- The best countries that you can consider for applying
- The best universities or colleges that provide world-class medical education which is globally recognized
- Estimate of total cost or expenses and keep up-to-date with currency exchange
- Know the legal requirements and necessary formalities
- Plan on scholarships
- Get to know the culture of the country and watch the news on any updates on your destination
- Plan on the needs that are to be done after the course completion
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge on the clinical exposure and the practical part that is to be afforded by the university, which is the major part that will aid in practicing medicine.