Shihezi University, Qingdao, Shandong, China. Estd: 1949.
Shihezi University is amongst the oldest and the 2nd largest In the Xinjiang province. It is government-owned & MOE of China Listed University. Started inducting students for MBBS in English Medium Since 2002. It was Established in September 1949 and in 1996 Shihezi University, School of Medicine was formed. Located in Shihezi, the Garden City, by the river of Manas on the northern foot of the Tianshan Mountains in Xinjiang.
The degree course consists of two years of basic medical science, three years of clinical science training and one year of internship. Among all the International students, maximum is from India and other Asian countries. The graduates have made great contributions to medical care and public health development locally and globally. School of Medicine is one of the 20 colleges of Shihezi University. This Medical University in China has developed into a dynamic higher learning institution with world-oriented education.
Listing and Recognition
Shihezi University is Listed by Medical Council of India (MCI). Recognized by WHO, MOE, International Medical Education Directory (IMED), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECMFG), AVICENA, PMDC (approved). There are only 45 medical universities out of 200 who have the authority to enroll international MBBS students in English medium. This list of medical universities which offer MBBS in English approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education is released every year since 2007 when “Provisions for Quality Control Standards on Undergraduate Medical Education in English for International Student in China” were introduced. The MBBS graduates have excelled in the medical council licensing examinations in their respective countries including Medical Council of India while other graduates have passed USMLE licensing Examination to practice in the USA and Australia Medical Council Licensing Examination to practice in Australia. The students have been employed in reputed government or private hospitals in their home countries.
- Shihezi University Start Medical Education from the very first day, there is no requirement of HSK-4 to pass in First year, which is a positive aspect for international freshers.
- All types of food items are widely available including Halal food.
- Extra Safe, Secure & Strict environment for Students Especially for Girls.
- Shihezi University Tuition Fee is quite affordable for international students.
- Shihezi city is less expensive when compared to most of the other universities.
- Shihezi University has extensively established exchange programs with universities and colleges of the United States, Russia, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Austria, Japan, and South Korea.
- Thanks to great efforts of the teaching staff and the doctors, about 20,000 graduates of medical specialties have walked out of this institution as medical elite of the society since its foundation who has made great contributions to medical care and public health development in the world.
- Has a well-equipped library, gymnasium, swimming pool, athletics hall, stadiums, halls, teaching building and four affiliated hospitals, a Clinical College, 22 teaching hospital and four practice bases.
- Shihezi University always focuses on building quality, high-quality curriculum, emphasis on students’ practical ability.
- The Ministry of Education approved Class A quality achieved through Quality Educational Course.
Excellent and safe in-campus hostel with all modern amenities is available for the students.
Currently, it has a total enrolment of more than 30,032 with 21,989 undergraduates and 1,906 postgraduates including Indian students as well as International students from the United States, Russia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, etc. numbering around 450 students.
The school has a staff of 2,550 people, 1,665 people full-time teachers, including 187 professors, 489 associate professors and 556 people, 58 experts and scholars receiving outstanding achievement awards at the national and provincial level, and 80 distinguished experts and scholars receiving special subsidies from the government. It employs more than 10 foreign experts and teachers every year.
Education Quality & Teaching
The School of Medicine teaches all the international students MBBS degree course which abides by the instructions of medical knowledge and morals, inheriting the tradition in the medical field and encouraging in becoming a better doctor. University pays more attention to education quality and safety of international students. It also guarantees the best living conditions and sticks to the student-oriented teaching principle following their country’s syllabus.
Shihezi University School of Medicine carried out extensive exchanges and cooperation, met with Peking University, Tongji Medical College, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, and other well-known in medical school established inter-school exchanges and cooperative relations with the United States John Laboratory of Molecular Medicine Johns Hopkins University and the University of Alabama and other universities to establish a long-term cooperative relationship.
Duration of MBBS Degree Course
The MBBS Degree Course is of 5 years with a 1-year internship. The students can do an internship at the university hospitals or in their home country in a hospital which is recognized by the Ministry of Health of their home country. If any of the MBBS students wish to do an internship in the hospitals of the university in China, they must pass HSK examination, as per regulations of MOE of China before the 6th year internship.
The Graduation Department Office thoroughly keeps an eye on the academic and extracurricular activities of every student studying in the University. The teachers involved in this office takes personal care about all the International students who come away from their home and parents. It maintains the graduate student dormitory community.
The library has a collection of 2,900,000 Chinese and foreign books and periodicals, and is only one model project in Xinjiang, as university digital libraries in State High-tech Project.
The campus covers 1,870,000 square meters. It has 950,000 square meters of building, and the area of its laboratories is 170,000 square meters with a green coverage rate of 43%.
Shihezi University Fee structure
|Cost||Year – 1||Year – 2||Year – 3||Year – 4||Year – 5||Year – 6||Total|
|INR||4,01,730 ₹||4,30,500 ₹||3,78,630 ₹||3,78,630 ₹||3,78,630 ₹||3,78,630||22,94,880|
1st-year fee includes the following: Application fee, Tuition fee, Hostel Fee, Medical insurance, Book Fee.
2nd to 5th-year fees include the following: Tuition fee, Hostel Fee, Residence permit, Medical insurance.