Eastern Medical University
Eastern Medical University, Bangladesh, Estd: 2005
Eastern Medical College
Eastern Medical College (EMC) is a private medical school in Bangladesh, established in 2005. The main campus is located in the Comilla District of Chittagong Division. It is affiliated with the University of Chittagong. It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation can be done in India or in Bangladesh which is valid in India, this is an exception in doing MBBS in other countries. The degree is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and the Medical Council of India. Eastern Medical College lays great emphasis on encouraging students to pursue excellence. Eastern Medical College is well known for its educational research activity and high quality of specialist training. For the all-round development of students, Eastern Medical College provides the students with ample opportunities to take part in extra-curricular activities.
Admission for Bangladeshis to the MBBS program at all medical colleges in Bangladesh is conducted centrally by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). It administers a written multiple-choice question exam simultaneously throughout the country. Candidates are admitted based primarily on their score on this test, although grades at Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) level also play a part. But international students who fulfill the college stipulated criteria are admitted by the college administration directly. The medium of instruction for all foreign students at Eastern Medical College is English.
Facilities and Infrastructures available in the College
The Kabila campus has an attached hospital with 300 beds, and the Race Course campus in Comilla has an attached hospital with 250 beds. Experienced & Caring group of Faculty with international nationally reputed teaching staff. Facilities for outdoor games and intra medical college tournaments. Modern transport fleet for easy commuting of students. Round the clock standby Power supply Generator facility.
Separate Hostel Block for foreign students. Girls Student are provided with twin sharing room with attached bathroom facility. Boys student’s accommodation in Four seated room with attached bathroom. Separate dining space for foreign students is provided inside the hostel. food is prepared according to the needs of the foreign students. Separate Common rooms for male & female students with television, indoor games, and entertainment.
The library facilitated with Wi-Fi Hotspot
The whole library is under free WI-FI Internet Network. Full connectivity and registered with Health Internetwork Access to Research initiative through WHO due to which teachers & students of E.M.C have free access to more than 6600 latest Medical Journals of the world.
Online one to one Teacher -Parents connectivity
Every EMC student has a specific ID & Password through which their guardian can log in into the EMC website (Student’s Profile) to know the academic details, performance & other information about their child.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in EMCH
Foreign students should have minimum GPA 7 together in S.S.C/O level & HSC/A level (Separately minimum GPA 3.00 in each). Students with “O” & “A” level must provide attested photocopy of the Equivalence Certificate issued from the Office of the Director General of Health Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh as a necessary document of their eligibility.
Time and Process of Application to EMCH
Though the classes start from January first week, foreign students should apply in the month of July – November, since process is little lengthy and time-consuming.
Important Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
- For admission into the First year, MBBS course under foreign quota students needs to apply in the prescribed form along with the following documents.
- Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Certificate / Testimonial
- Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Mark Sheets / Academic Transcript.
- Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate issued by DGHS, Dhaka, Bangladesh (for students with “O” & “A” level).
- 3 (three) copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Photocopy of Passport.
At the time of admission, all original documents will be retained by the college until completion of the course.
Life after MBBS in Eastern Medical College
To continue the practice in India Registration Number required, after obtaining MBBS degree from Medical College in Bangladesh, students from INDIA are required to appear in FMGE Test with is Computer Based Test (CBT) Multiple choice Question Pattern, conducted by Medical Council of India. MBBS degree obtained from Eastern Medical College is recognized by MCI, NMC, WHO.
Location of Eastern Medical College
Eastern Medical College is located about 90km away from Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. The commute from Dhaka to Eastern Medical College is not a very long journey. Like all other capitals, Dhaka is the cultural, political and economic center of Bangladesh. Dhaka is famous for its cuisine, art festivals, and religious diversity. Bangladesh has been a part of India at one point in history and has close connections with India. The people of Dhaka are helpful and friendly towards Indians.
Salient Features About MBBS Course at Eastern Medical College
- A student has the following advantages of studying at Eastern Medical College
- Eastern Medical College is very close to India.
- The duration of MBBS at Eastern Medical College is only 5 years, followed by an internship of one year which is valid in India. Unlike some other MBBS, abroad destinations student gets to start their career a year earlier.
- The educational methods and syllabus are identical to that taught in India.
- The cost of studying at Eastern Medical College is a lot less than that in any Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
- The cost of living in Bangladesh is lower than that in India.
- No need to appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission in MBBS at Eastern Medical College.
The local people of Bangladesh have a friendly relationship with the Indian students.