China, an ancient, mysterious and beautiful land, is always appealing to adventurous foreign visitors. As the third largest country in the world occupying an area of 9,600,000 sq km, it spans 62 degrees of longitude and 49 degrees of latitude. A wide variety of terrain and climate shape its numerous natural attractions. Abundant in a variety of resources, plants, animals, and minerals, the land has nurtured countless generations of Chinese people.
Studying towards an MBBS in China is 70% cheaper than undertaking a similar program in the US or UK. The US MD program course (equivalent to MBBS) cost around USD 160,000-200,000. This excludes four years of Pre-med study. While a student can complete an MBBS course from any of the China's medical university list for 6 years for only USD 30,000 – 50,000. Compared to the rest of the world the fees charged for MBBS courses in China are expansively reasonable. The charges of tutoring in the universities in China are subsidized by the Ministry of Public Health of the Chinese Government. All in all, It is very economical for international students to study in China.
Introduction About Tongji University
The university offers 75 undergraduate majors (50 of which are enrolling students according to 17 broad disciplinary categories).It can grant master degrees in 55 broad academic disciplines, together with 15 professional Master’s programs and 26 engineering Master’s programs.
Following a nationwide campaign of restructuring universities in 1952, Tongji became an engineering-intensive university with top-notch strength in civil engineering and architecture, which is second to none in terms of scale and number of disciplines.
The university now covers 10 broad categories of academic disciplines, including engineering, science, medicine, management, economics, philosophy, literature, law, education and arts.
Around 1949, Tongji already boasted five colleges of natural sciences, engineering, medical science, liberal arts and law, and enjoyed a fine reputation as a comprehensive university both home and abroad.
It is now a comprehensive university with ten major disciplines in sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities, law, economics, management, philosophy, arts and pedagogy with strength in architecture, civil engineering and oceanography.
The university has been one of the most popular universities in the country, attracting a large number of students from all parts of China and all over the world.
The university has developed rapidly in all respects over the sixty-five years since the founding of China, especially since the country's opening-up policy.
The university has developed close links with industry, which provides its students with opportunities of obtaining first-hand information through interaction with the society.
That explains why graduates from Tongji University are much sought after by employers throughout the country.
Education in Tongji University
In line with the national development strategy of science and technology and the major demand of the regional economy, Tongji is promoting traditional disciplines to a new level, strengthening the new disciplines, concentrating and simplifying the cross disciplines, and working closely with the industries, so as to form discipline chains and discipline groups that promote the interaction and common progress of the strong disciplines and the weak disciplines, and to build up the discipline system of a comprehensive university.
The two industrialized discipline chains/groups are: Urban Construction & Disaster Prevention, integrating Architecture, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Bridge, Energy, Survey, Road, Geotechnical Engineering and Environment within Siping Campus; Modern Manufacturing, supported by the National Engineering Center for Clean Energy Vehicle, synergizing Automobile, Rail Traffic, Traffic Engineering, Software Engineering, Management, Material Science, IT and Mechanical Engineering in Jiading campus, which is close to Shanghai international automobile city.
Tongji makes great effort in the development of International students’ education. In 2011, total registered international students amounts to 4862, and the long-term international students among which the degree students are about 50%.
- State Key Laboratory of Disaster Prevention in Civil Engineering
- State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse
- State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology
- State Key Laboratory of Modern Technology of Urban Planning and Design
- National Engineering Laboratory of Clean Energy Vehicle &Power train Systems
- National Engineering Research Center for Urban Pollution Control
- National Fuel Cell Vehicle & Powertrain System Research & Engineer Center
- National Engineering Research Center of Protected Agriculture
- Key Laboratory of Road and Traffic Engineering of the State Ministry of Education
- The MOE Key Laboratory of Advanced Building Materials
- Shanghai Key Laboratory of Mycrobacterium Tuberculosis
- Shanghai Key Laboratory of Metal Function Materials Research and Application
- Key Laboratory of Ecology and Energy-saving Study of Dense Habitat, Ministry of Education
- Key Laboratory of Geotechnical and Underground Engineering，Ministry of Education
- The State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping Key Laboratory of Modern Engineering Survey
- The MOE Key Laboratory of Imbedded System and Service Computation
- Key Laboratory of Yangtze Water Environment of the State Ministry of Education
The inter-library loan and document delivery Services provide access to the materials that are currently not owned by Tongji Library. All faculties, staffs and students of Tongji University are eligible for this service.
You may also check the status of all requests submitted in Tongji Library Document Delivery System and download the electronic document.
You can log in Tongji Library Document Delivery System to submit your request.
After you submit a request, an exclusive number will be produced and you can track the processing status of your request with this number.
Please verify that Tongji Library owns the material before submitting a request.
|Cost Of Living
- Located in the municipal city of Shanghai, south of China, Tongji University is made up of five campuses, Siping Road Campus, the West Campus, the North Campus, Zhangwu Road Campus and Jiading Campus. The international students are mainly in Siping Campus, Zhangwu Road Campus and Jiading Campus.
- The accommodation fee ranges from RMB 1800-2400 per month.
- Book in advance
- To rent off campus is allowed
- One week moving in before registration is allowed
- Pay by cash or bank card each semester at least
- To move in before registration is allowed
Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cfa) and experiences four distinct seasons. Winters are chilly and damp, and cold northwesterly winds from Siberia can cause nighttime temperatures to drop below freezing, although most years there are only one or two days of snowfall. Summers are hot and humid, with an average of 8.7 days exceeding 35 °C (95 °F) annually; occasional downpours or freak thunderstorms can be expected. The city is also susceptible to typhoons in summer and the beginning of autumn, none of which in recent years has caused considerable damage.The most pleasant seasons are spring, although changeable and often rainy, and autumn, which is generally sunny and dry. The city averages 4.2 °C (39.6 °F) in January and 27.9 °C (82.2 °F) in July, for an annual mean of 16.1 °C (61.0 °F). With monthly percent possible sunshine ranging from 34% in March to 54% in August, the city receives 1,895 hours of bright sunshine annually. Extreme temperatures within the municipality range from 40.8 °C (105 °F) on 7 August 2013,down to −12.1 °C (10 °F) on 19 January 1893